Saturday, January 19, 2008

Politics Of Pizza

Since it's primary season, I thought I would add a post on the presidential primaries. I haven't done alot of research yet since Ohio doesn't vote until March.

But I did see that local democratic also-ran, Congressman Dennis Kucinich, was in the news as his supporters were upset over a pizza commercial that made fun of him. Check out the story (and the commercial).

The story was mentioned by several other blogs, including the American Princess, the National Review, and even the Wonkette!

Also, my wife and I were discussing candidates and I looked up Ron Paul's website. I found an interesting stance there that should appeal to pizza drivers everywhere. No tax on tips!

"
It is an outrage that waiters, waitresses, and other service-sector employees have to pay taxes on the tips they earn. - quotes the website.

Congressman Paul has introduced H.R. 3664. The Tax Free Tips Act of 2007 will exempt tips from federal income and payroll taxes. Sounds like a great idea to me!

No comments: