Thursday, January 3, 2008

Late Start

I was held up at my day job for about an hour today, trying to get a database view working properly, so I didn't start driving until around 7 PM. Still, the cold snowy weather and a new tv promotion we are running kept us pretty busy. And we were 2 drivers short, as Desiree was having car trouble and Todd was a no-show.

So it was Ted, daytime driver Mark (staying late), and manager Nick until I got there.

I drove 4 hours, took 10 deliveries, made $24, and drove 35 miles. Pretty decent 4 hours. Of course our volume of business and shortage of drivers (on buffet night) meant there were another 1 1/2 hours of dishes to do, plus most of the frozen dough prep for Thursday night. I didn't get out of there until after 12:30 AM.

Then I was frustrated getting gas. I always get whatever gas-card deal is the best at Speedway. For the past month the deal has been "Save $1 on a $25 Gas Card." In other words I get a $25 gas card for $24. Tonight I asked for my $25 gas card recharge and it cost the full $25. But the sign was still up and nobody knew when it ended or what the new deal was.

I didn't have any interesting deliveries tonight except for 2 personal pizzas to Pudge's Place, a downtown bar. They were for a patron and (apparently) the barmaid, as I had to later take a rerun as we messed up the toppings. The patron was nice enough to give me $1 for my 2nd trip, even after giving me only $1.18 the first time.

No comments: