Saturday, January 5, 2008

Good Night Gone Bad

I walked in the door tonight and was immediately dispatched on a triple. We were so busy we didn't have enough bags. I had to squeeze 2 deliveries into one hot bag. An hour later I almost had to take a pizza wrapped in my coat!

On my first trip (three deliveries) I made $10 in tips. In my first hour I took 5 deliveries and made $12.

In my next 4 1/2 hours I took 5 deliveries and made another $11. Business just died almost instantly. So bad that I asked to go home an hour before we closed. Dishes were done, frozen dough prep was done, and the phone was ringing about once an hour.

Totals for the night were 5 1/2 hours driving, 10 deliveries, 34 miles, and $23 in tips.

Only interesting delivery was a guy who tipped me $1.29 and then asked me to break a $20 for him so he could pay his girl for bringing him cigarettes.

No comments: