Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Day - With Snow

I went in early today, around 4:30, hoping for some late afternoon football fan orders. It worked out pretty good as we were busy enough.

It started snowing around 5:00. The roads were horrible for a couple hours until the city got some salt applied to the main roads. I actually slid off the road, at a very slow speed, into a utility pole. Luckily there was no damage.

I took 16 deliveries in 6 1/2 hours. I had 4 stiffs and 4 more sub-par tips ($1 and coin change). This would be bad enough on a normal night, but during bad weather, you would think people would be more appreciative.

Some were, as I earned tips of $6 (to the maternity nurses at the hospital), $5 (on my first delivery before it started snowing), $4 (on my final delivery).

No comments: