Friday, July 27, 2007

Make Money Blogging?

Not me.

Now my blog is not the most popular website by far. In fact, according to Alexa, it is not even in the top 6 1/2 million, coming in at 6,506,239. Still, it does get a few regular visitors. I've been tracking unique visitors since March:

  • March 2007 - 1642
  • April 2007 - 1069
  • May 2007 - 745
  • June 2007 - 556
  • July 2007 - 924
That's over 30 visits per day, and 45 page loads.

As you may have noticed, I am set up for Google Adsense. Adsense pays for advertising impressions and pays much more for ad-clicks. Now, Adsense has been running longer, since January. Adsense shows 11,381 page impressions, or slightly over 50 per day. In those 7 months, my ads have been clicked on a grand total of 27 times, and Google owes me $7.63. When my balance gets over $100 they will cut me a check!

I also have an Amazon Associates link. So far, since February, there have been 30 clicks on my Amazon link. I'll get a 4% commission if anybody ever buys anything, but so far, nobody has.

I also have a PayPerPost account, but so far, there haven't been any topics that really apply to my blog. Basically, I'm not posting what they're paying for. I did see that they are paying $5 to write about SiteMighty, an affiliate site for credit cards, but by the time I checked it out, that opportunity was gone. The good news is, now if you need a credit card, I can help!

In summary, I'm making about $1.50 per month on average. If I keep it up for 5 years I may actually hit $100 and get paid! But on a per-hour basis, it's definitely not a profitable use of my time.

No comments: