Sunday, July 22, 2007

Any Friend Of Steve's Is A Friend Of Mine

I took 19 deliveries tonight in 7 1/2 hours. I drove 60 miles and made $61 in tips.

I had 2 interesting deliveries, both on the same run. The first one I had taken the order for. The guy said he was calling from out of state. He ordered a pizza and cinnamon sticks and had them delivered to someone else. The woman was on the phone with the man when I arrived and had just found out she was getting pizza.

She told me she had already ate. I'm not sure if he was trying to impress her or what, but whatever his plan, he tipped me $5 so I hope it worked!

Next was a delivery to a good friend of ex-driver Steve. I've delivered there before and remembered that they usually like a side of banana peppers, but about half the time they forget to ask for them. I grabbed a cup anyways.

The guy was happy and impressed that I remembered, he tipped $4 on the credit card and another $4 cash!

We were pretty busy from 8-11 PM but then slowed down after that, enough so that I was able to sweep and mop the floors and leave around 12:30, with driver Mike having just a few loads of dishes to finish up.

No comments: