Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekly Pizza Quotient

Is there a government Recommended Daily Allowance for pizza like there is for vitamins?

The woman customer at one of my deliveries tonight was amazed at how fast I got their food there. Now it only takes 7 minutes for our pizzas to go through the oven. If the cooks are on the ball I can be out the door in 11-12 minutes easy. This particular customer lived about 1 mile away, with no stop lights or even stop signs! I'm sure I was there in less than 20 minutes.

She raved on about how she heard the car and thought it couldn't be the pizza guy, but it was. Then she told me how she had told her husband that she "wasn't getting her weekly pizza quotient."

"I'm happy to help out," I replied.

Then she did a very rare thing. Their check was $25.59 and she was paying with a $50. She asked for $22 back (leaving me a $2.41 tip) then she changed it to just $21 back, saying "an extra dollar for being so efficient."

The delivery before that I got a little extra too. A toddler accompanied his mother to the door. While she filled out the credit card slip, I made friends with the kid. "Do you like pizza?" is always an easy question. I saw he was holding a bowl of pretzels. "Do you like pretzels?" I added.

"I'll trade you some pizza for a pretzel" I joked. "Mama goo goo ga ga" was close to his reply. His mother said "Yes you can give him a pretzel."

It was the buttery twist kind, and it was very good!

Totals for the 5 hours of work were 9 deliveries, 35 miles driven, and $19 in tips. Pretty slow night, especially given that Alison (looking like she is going to give birth any minute) went home shortly after 9 PM.

2 comments:

Andy said...

This site is making me hungry.

beanie said...

Is there a government Recommended Daily Allowance for pizza like there is for vitamins?

yeah, as much as you can eat. thats my policy and it seems to work for me ;)