Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I have a line"

We had a pretty slow night tonight. I worked about 5 hours, drove 39 miles, delivered 8 orders, and made $13 in tips. Only 1 of my orders was over $18. Four of them were $13.58 ($11.99 plus the $1.59 delivery charge). Low orders lead to low tips.

One of my customers opened the box and said "It looks like there's a piece missing." I promised her that her pizza must have just slid around in the box, as I certainly didn't eat it. All the slices were there, it was a medium pizza and we always cut them in 8.

We had an extra pepperoni pizza for some reason. I took it over to my friends at Speedway who sometimes will trade me some Krispy Kreme donuts for pizza. Unfortunately the donuts were out but I gave them the pizza anyways.

One of them was on the phone with their significant other and said "Hey baby, I've got to go, I have a line." The other gas clerk said "We do?" I was the only customer in the store. He was just making an excuse to get off the phone and chat with the pizza guy.

I went back about an hour later and there was a line about 5 deep at each register.

No comments: