Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blizzard

I didn't drive Tuesday night, and I'm glad. The 20 minute drive home from my day job took about an hour. And you can see in the picture how much snow fell overnight.

I started shoveling about 6:30 this morning and it took me until 8 AM to clear out my driveway. Meanwhile our street has not been plowed recently and has about a foot of snow.

There were drifts in the driveway as high as 3 feet tall. And the snow all around the car was almost as high as the tires.

Because of the snow in the road, I won't be going in to my day job unless our street gets plowed soon. We live on a cul-de-sac in a newer development so I expect we are not very high on the city's priority list. I called my boss on his cell phone and he wasn't at work either, he was at home trying to relight his hot water heater.

I am supposed to deliver tonight. I am not looking forward to it, I hope it stops snowing soon so that the streets can be plowed!

No comments: