Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Low Tips, Wrong House, Dishes Galore!

Those are the 3 subjects I need to write about tonight.

I took 10 deliveries (counting 1 rerun) drove 35 miles in 4 1/2 hours, and made just $13 in tips. This includes being stiffed 4 times and getting $1 and change twice more. That's pretty awful.

The rerun was because I got sent to the wrong house. I called the customer and apparently whoever answered the phone for us and took their order didn't confirm the address, they just assumed that the address in the system for that phone number was correct. This is a big no-no. People move. People visit friends and family and order food from another house. It may be correct 99.9% of the time, but that one time it isn't, it costs me time and gas, and at $3.45 / gallon, I don't want to drive any further than necessary.

Finally, apparently the buffet was busy and we were busy before I arrived, because we had a huge stack of dishes. I worked on dishes pretty much straight through from 9 PM until midnight (an hour after closing) with the exception of taking 1 delivery.

No comments: