Sunday, December 30, 2007

Window Delivery

As I got out of the car and headed for the sidewalk, a kid opened a huge window on the porch and waved me up. I hesitated at first because the note on the ticket said "back door" but they said it was for them and they had the money. To make this even more amusing, as I got almost to the door, the kid warned me "watch out for the dog poop" and sure enough, there were several "land mines" on the porch.

I had to take a rerun today to one of our farthest-out delivery locations. I'm not sure why, the pizzas were correct as printed on the ticket, but the one I had to rerun had anchovies. Talk about plenty of time to stink up my car!

Tonight was a pretty crappy night. Only the sheer volume made it half-decent. Out of 18 deliveries I was stiffed 5 times. Four others tipped just $1 and the coin change, while 7 more tipped $2 and the coin change. A barely-above-average $3 was my 2nd best tip of the night, and my best tip was $4.42 on my final delivery. The guy even thanked me for delivering so late. "Gets me out of washing dishes for a little while at least," I replied.

Totals for the night were 7.5 hours, 18 deliveries, $30 in tips, and 56 miles.

No comments: