Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thanks Nick!

First of all, thanks to fellow driver Nick for giving me a ride tonight. After my shift, I drove my Chevy Prizm over to an auto repair shop to get the clutch worked on. Nick followed me over there and gave me a ride back to my house. So for the next couple days, my wife and I are down 1 vehicle.

I drove 5 hours, took 10 deliveries, drove ? miles, and made $20 in tips. It was a pretty uneventful night.

The only semi-interesting delivery was where the dad wanted to tip, the mom had no money, and the elementary aged kid said he had money. The dad sent him for $3, saying, "I'll pay you back." I wasn't sure who to thank, other than not the mom (who could have written a tip on the credit card slip).

Finally, let me add this story from England I came across today. It's a great example how not to increase your tip. Evidently there was some dispute between the waiter and the customer, and the waiter added a vulgar note to the customer's bill.

No comments: