Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another Crappy Night

Tonight was another horrible night for making money. I took 13 deliveries and 6 of them didn't see fit to give me even $1 as a tip. The fact that the other 7 each gave at least $2, including 2 tips of $5 or more, made the night almost tolerable.

First idiot customer of the night had ordered a large pan pizza for $11.99. He came to the door with a coupon for an extra-large hand-tossed pizza for $9.99, and was sure that was what he ordered. I got on the phone and got his pizza marked down to $9.99. What did I get for my efforts? A whole 31 cents!

An hour or so later I took a delivery to "111 Shower Court" of 1 pizza, half pepperoni and half cheese only. These people were so cheap they sent their kid (about 9) to the door to pay and not tip me.

When I got back to the shop, I looked and saw the exact same order to the exact same address. I had manager Nick call to confirm that they did indeed order again. Unlucky for me, but I drew that delivery a 2nd time. I knocked, rang the bell, beeped my horn, and tried to get their attention for about 10 minutes. I saw the kid peek out the upstairs window. They never did come to the door!

The in-store excitement happened before I arrived tonight. Cook Steve "accidentally" spilled barbecue sauce on waitress Jeanette. She had to change into blue jeans, which are of course a violation of our uniform policy (everybody must wear black pants). I joked about titling tonight's blog "How Steve Got Jeanette Out Of Her Pants", but I didn't want people to think this was another x-rated website.

Totals for the night were 7 hours driving, 13 deliveries, 47 miles, $27 in tips.

No comments: