Monday, October 27, 2008

Robbery (Not Me!) . . .

. . . not even my restaurent. But this story is scary as the armed robbery took place less than a mile from our store. According to the newspaper, on Saturday night just past midnight, a driver was sent out on a fake order to an abandoned house.

This is the same thing that happened to me 3 years ago but they robbed the shop while I was gone, instead of robbing the driver.

One cure for fake orders, that we are supposed to do (but usually don't), is to call back all new addresses after dark. That way maybe the address might still be fake, but at least we know the phone number is real and we have a way to trace the fake order.

Anyhow, I drove tonight and it was much less eventful. I drove from 6-11, took 11 runs, drove 51 miles, and made $30 in tips.

No comments: