Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nick's Construction Project


Nick went back to his childhood days of playing with tinkertoys tonight. He spent most of the night assembling several new racks and carts for dough and other food storage.

Meanshile I owrked 5 hours, took 9 deliveries, drove 30 miles, and made $35 in tips.

Only one stiff, to a house I've been stiffed at more times thn any other. They have an Obama sign in their yard. I guess they don't believe in spreading the wealth.

Later I delivered to another house. The woman of the house was waiting on the porch smoking. Her daughter and grandkids were inside and had ordered the pizza. The woman came with $22 and asked how much was the check. When I told her $21.62 she had me wait and went bck inside for $3 tip. Tips like that are really appreciated!

My final delivery as a big surprise. It was to an apartment complex where I'm about as likely to get stiffed as tipped. The check was $23.60 and he paid with $40, and he asked for $4 back. That left me $12.40 for a tip, one of my biggest ever! I asked him again if he said $4 and he said yes, so I thanked him again and took off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Only one stiff, to a house I've been stiffed at more times thn any other. They have an Obama sign in their yard. I guess they don't believe in spreading the wealth."

-LOL! If I'd have thought about it before we could have made a chart about the tipping habbits of people with Obama signs vs. people with McCain signs. Oh, well, maybe next presidential race.