Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Pizza Topping?

According to this newspaper story, a woman in Ohio found a tooth in her pizza! I'm skeptical. I've worked in the pizza business for 4 years, and nobody I've worked with ever would have messed with a customer's pizza.

And if somebody was going to do something, why would they leave something so easily found (and traced) as a tooth!?!?!

Now, if you're a repeat stiffer, you might get your 2-liter well shaken, but foreign objects on the pizza is crossing a line that nobody I know would think of crossing.

2 comments:

bmire1985 said...

Just wanted to let you know that I work for Papa John's and one of our customers found the metal part a pencil eraser in one of our pizza so strange things do happen.

Simon said...

Kev, I have had "teeth" in pizzas a couple of times. On both occasions I was convinced the customer had indeed found a tooth, or that theirs had broken off. However upon analysis by Head Office it came back both times as bone from the animal that once owned the meat on the customers' pizzas. Refunds all around and everyone was happy.
I agree with you that foreign objects do not get put in customers pizzas as a matter of course just because they don't tip!