Saturday, May 10, 2008

Good Night

This was my Friday night to work, and it ended up pretty good. The most remarkable thing about the whole night was that out of 14 deliveries I got $2 or more 13 times. Only one stiffer the entire evening!

I really only had 1 interesting delivery. It was to the hospital, where 2 interesting things happened. The first was that I ran into the doctor who will be performing my hernia surgery in a few weeks.

The second interesting thing was that the nurse who ordered the pizza didn't have her money ready and asked me to leave the pizza and walk down with her to the ATM while she got the money. What a waste of my time.

Please, if you order pizza, have the payment ready when the driver arrives!

Totals for the night were 5 1/2 hours driving, 14 deliveries, 45 miles, and $44 in tips.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I used to be a courier so I understand how frustrating it can be when people are not ready. They don't understand how valuable time is when you drive for your job.

Nice blog! It's very unique!

Rebecca
My Adventures in History