Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday Night Drive

I drove 7 hours tonight, from 6 PM to 1 AM. During this time I took 13 deliveries, drove 45 miles, and made $35 in tips. Even though we weren't very busy (less than 2 deliveries per hour), tips were above average and my mileage total was low, due in part to 3 doubles.

I delivered to a duplex tonight that had 2 police cars parked in front with the lights flashing. I parked in the driveway next door and called the customer on the phone. He wasn't even aware of the comotion out front, so the problem must have been with the other side of the house.

I got a unique response to one of my favorite lines tonight. The customer handed me $25 for a $20.97 order and said "Keep the change." After I handed him the food and said, "Thanks, you keep the pizza," he replied "And the wings!"

Desiree is continuing to work as a manager. She had been a driver until she got too many points on her license to be able to keep driving. What other job can you get in trouble with the law and have it lead to a promotion!

No comments: