Sunday, June 1, 2008

Buying Money

The stars aligned for me to make some good money in my first 3 hours tonight, but then business slowed down and I actually went home an hour early. Between 5 and 8:30, I took 2 triples, a double, and 3 singles, and I made $31 on those 11 deliveries. During that time I had 7 tips over $2.50 and my lowest tip was $2.

It was about this time that manager Nick realized we were out of $1 dollar bills. He gave me $150 and sent me out to "buy some." I was able to get $25 at the Convenient, $45 at the Circle K, and $60 at Speedway. Thanks to my local clerks!

But unfortunately, my luck changed during this time. In the next 3 1/2 hours, I took 6 singles and a double, made $12, got stiffed twice, and only one tip over $2.04.

All in all it was a good night, with 7 hours, 18 deliveries, $43 in tips, and 59 miles driven.

No comments: