Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Night The Indians Lose

The Indians lost tonight, I listened to most of the game on the radio while delivering. I did get home to watch the last inning but the game was pretty much decided by then.

I worked 5 1/2 hours, took 12 deliveries, drove 52 miles, and made $34 in tips.

My first customer didn't know his address. There was no 204 4th Street. I called him and asked about it, he said it was closer to Middle than East, I drove a ways and found the brick apartment building that he described, 240 4th Street. I fixed the address in the system once I got back. Of course he didn't tip.

Another delivery was to an older man in a low-income housing building. Nick had told me "this guy sounds crazy but he said he would tip the driver $4 or $5."

Well I got there and he handed me a $20, some $1's, and a handful of quarters. Then he said "it's worth $5, isn't it?"

"With the price of gas, I sure do appreciate it," was my reply.

He went back in and brought back a few more quarters. I ended up collecting $31.25 for a $23.70 order.

No comments: