Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday Extra Driver

I wasn't on the schedule (again) tonight but I went in around 5:30. I was hoping that the Indians game would bring some extra business. We did have a little rush around 6:30 or so but it didn't last so after my 4th delivery, around 7:30, I got sent home.

I could have stayed and closed but after closing the last 3 nights in a row, and with my new schedule of leaving home at 6:45 AM for my day job, I declined.

I worked 2 hours, took 4 deliveries, drove 19 miles, and made $11 in tips.

The big tip of the night was $5.43 on my very first delivery. We usually start with a $15 bank but because of the amount ($21.57) of the check, I asked for an temporary extra $10. I was glad I did because the customer wanted to pay with a $50 bill.

Another delivery was to a house with some beautifully carved pumpkins. One that looked like Winnie the Pooh and one that was (I think) Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Since it's about 3 weeks until Halloween, I suggested that they soak the pumpkins in water overnight to keep them from drying out.

No comments: