Monday, October 22, 2007

Do The Right Thing

My next to last delivery was a stuffed crust pizza and an italian salad to room 210 at the Super-8. Actually it was part of a triple, because I was the last driver. Well I was a little frustrated at having to get the salads put together since the salad bar was already put away.

When I was well on my way, I realized I didn't grab any plastic forks. I thought maybe I could get some at the front desk of the motel, but I really didn't want the hassle. I decided that if I got a good tip I would get them some silverware, and if they didn't, I'd just ignore the issue.

Well the check was $22.95 and they paid with $23.

I handed them the food and went back to my car, feeling guilty. I decided to look in the glove box, and sure enough, I found a single spork, in plastic. I took it back up to room 210. They were so happy that they then decided to give me a $3 tip.

The moral of the story is, do the right thing, whether you get tipped or not.

Totals for the night were 5 1/2 hours, 9 deliveries, $18 in tips, 29 miles.

1 comment:

thesecondmrssmith said...

Great post. You are awesome. I admire you so much for making the right choice even in difficult situations. It's a big turn on.