Saturday, June 28, 2014

Learning My Way

I took 14 deliveries tonight and only used my GPS once (and I actually had the route correct, I just wasn't sure if I missed the street or not.

Tonight was a really good night for me, despite business overall being slow due to the International Festival in our town.  Out of my 14 deliveries, every customer tipped at least $2, and I had 5 tips of $5 or more.

My 2 biggest tips were in a row, both large orders to gatherings.  Some older gentlemen were gathered in the basement, watching sports or playing cards I'm not sure, but the customer tipped $10 on a $46 order.  The very next order I pulled in and heard loud music and voices coming from the garage.  I actually knocked on the garage door.  The girl hosting the party tipped $8 on a $31 order.

Totals for the night were 8.84 hours, 14 deliveries, $55 in tips, and 65 miles.  I'm enjoying the work and the money, and starting to wonder if I can keep it up at least a couple nights / month during the school year when I am back to teaching math!

No comments: