Friday, June 13, 2014

I'm Back!

Due to a career change in my full-time job, I haven't delivered pizza since March 2011.  That all changed tonight!

My new job is teaching high school math, which gives me summers off.  We are working on a remodeling project that is costing more than expected, so I decided I could drive a few nights a week this summer.  I contacted my friend and former co-worker Nick who is now the General Manager at a franchise near my the house we are remodeling and of course he hired me.

Tonight was mostly eventless.  I worked 6 hours, took 11 deliveries, drove 50 miles, and made $25 in tips.  The highlight (if there was one) was the guy who tipped me $2 and suggested I buy myself a pop or a coffee if I worked late.

Delivering pizza is a job ... not something drivers do so they can buy an extra pop!

No comments: