Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bad Night

I got called in to work tonight just before 10 pm.  I knew something strange was up when I got the call.  I was just finishing up some shopping at Toys 'R' Us.

I arrived to find out one of our veteran drivers got robbed, at gunpoint.  It seems random. The delivery was legitimate, paid (tipped even), then confronted by 2 youths on his way back to his car. This was a veteran driver, neither young nor small.

So I worked 1.79 hours, took 4 deliveries, made $7, and drove 10 miles.  I delivered to 2 houses and made $7.  I delivered to 2 businesses and made $0.

That's right, a nurse on the 10th floor chose not to tip on a $30 order, even though I brought the pizza all the way into the hospital and up to their floor.

Then a girl working at a bar, that's right, a girl that works for tips, paid $13 for a $12.99 order.  I wished I had a penny to give back to her.  I was totally dumbstruck and unprepared, I don't think I've ever been stiffed at a bar before!

No comments: