Friday, November 28, 2008

Oops!

A few weeks ago I got a form in the mail for renewing my license plates from the Ohio BMV. Well, usually I wait until right around my birthday, December 8. But this year I decided to go today, Black Friday, thinking the lines would probably be shorter than on a Saturday.

And they were, I got my license plate sticker, and my renewed drivers license, in about 5 minutes.

When I got home, I went to put the sticker on the car and, much to my surprise, it already had one. The new sticker is black and expires in 12/09. The old sticker is also black and expires on 5/09 (my wife's birthday).

I checked the van and it also has a current sticker for 05/09.

I checked the registration papers and they are for the GMC van that we traded for my wife's Villager almost a year ago!

I went back to the BMV and they gave me my $ back. They said it happens all the time. I still felt pretty foolish.

No comments: