Monday, March 15, 2010

Take Charge

And it's a good thing we do (take charge cards that is). Of my 8 deliveries tonight, 6 of them were credit cards. First tip was the best ($6.61 on a $36.39 order) but everybody tipped decent tonight.

Except the employee at the Life Care Nursing Home.

She signed the credit card slip but just carried the subtotal down to the total, ignoring the tip line. I handed over the pizza, turned, and left. Then her coworkers were trying to joke with me, "I'll trade jobs for tonight" and then I heard them saying "I don't think he heard you."

I heard them just fine, but my time is valuable and if you aren't going to tip me, you aren't getting any extra time.

Compare that to the guy, usually a $1 tipper, I asked how he was doing and he replied, "Every day above ground is a good day." I said, "I've heard that one before but you know, it's always true." He gave me $3, definitely the most I've ever gotten at that house!

Totals for the night were 3.5 hours driving, 8 deliveries, 29 miles, and $23 in tips. Pretty decent!

No comments: