Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve 2008

I thought it was a pretty good night but it was actually 2 deliveries and $1 short of last year.

I drove for 6 hours (5:30 - 11:30) and then stayed another 1 1/2 hours to close, mainly washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, and taking out the trasy. I took 21 deliveries, made $57 in tips, and amazingly drove only 49 miles.

My first trip was a double and my first tip was $5.73 so I hoped that was a sign of good things to come. Next was another double, the first order was free and they did not tip. This was one of 7 stiffs I would get tonight.

After that another double, both tipping between $2-4. My 4th trip was, guess what, another double. The first one was a credit card order and the card owner was not present so I got no tip there either.

After that I took yet another double ... got a $5 tip at the first house but at the 2nd house nobody came to the door or answered the phone. I got back to the store and Nick had got ahold of them but, as was the story all night long, there was another order to go with it.

After that I took my first single of the night but it was a $54 order to a party and they tipped $9, my best tip of the night.

Next came a series of 4 orders (2 singles and a double) where I only got $1 tip and 3 stiffs. I almost wished I had gone home after the $9 tip. We were down to 2 drivers by this time. But my next trip (a double) included another $5 tip. Another double (my last doulbe of the night) yielded 2 $2 tips.

My final order of the night was to my 2nd party, I delivered the pizza minutes before midnight, I got a $4 tip and was offered a beer, which I declined of course.

No comments: