Friday, June 15, 2018

Ready Driver 1

Guess who's back in the pizza delivery business? 

Teaching, coaching, and robotics take all of my time during the school year. For the past several years I've also taught technology camps in the summer but this year I turned in my availability too late and didn't get assigned to any camps.

So having extra time, and missing the extra income, I contacted Manager Desiree and she hired me to drive part-time for the Pizza Hut closest to my house (but ironically not the Hut that delivers to my house).

As you can see, they even named a parking spot after me!

Not much has changed, except this store has no dining room, thus no cups and no pop machine. Every delivery I went on, I considered buying a water, but I didn't want to spend the time off the road so I waited until I got off work.

No extraordinary deliveries tonight, except the high-rise apartment where you had to go in, take the elevator up, then go outside as all the doors open to the outside walkway. Oh and the 1-pizza delivery about 1/2 mile from the store that tipped $.

It was a pleasant surprise to get $2 or more on each delivery, and three $5 tips (all on credit card orders).

Totals for the night: 5.77 hours, 10 deliveries, $36 in tips, 51 miles.

Oh and Nick of YouTube fame stopped by. Nick was a 16-year old cook when I started at Pizza Hut way back in June 2004, and is now a District Manager who oversees multiple stores!

No comments: