Thursday, January 1, 2015

Split Pay for Pizza Drivers

So the minimum wage in Ohio goes up in 2015 from $7.95 to $8.10.  The minimum for tipped employees is $4.05.  Our franchise chose 12/31 (since some people may work past midnight) to implement this as well as "split pay" for drivers.

Split pay means we are paid sub-minimum while we are driving (and thus earning tips) and minimum when we are in the store, doing dishes, prepping dough, and other non-tipped tasks.

Our franchise chose $6.10 as the driver rate ($2 less than the minimum) but they did grandfather in all current drivers, so our split rate is $7.95 (our previous rate).  If not for the grandfathering I would be pretty upset.

My time was evenly split tonight, 3:32 on the road and 3:33 in the store.

This was a non-typical New Years Eve for me, I made good money early then things slowed down the last hour (but we closed at 11.  I prefer to stay open until 1 on NYE).

Totals for the night were 7.08 hours, 14 deliveries, $54 in tips, and 67 miles.  Oh and I made a $2 tip on a pick-up order at the window! And I met my new GM (Will) ... if my transfer goes through.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of the stories you have on this blog are just insane! I can't believe some of the things you've run into while delivering pizza. That's why I think pizza delivery would be such a fun job, because everyday is literally something different.
http://www.pequodspizza.com/mortongrove/

Unknown said...

Hey there, this is wild. I posted something almost exactly like your post. I'm also geeking out on my numbers, too. Great post. Great blog. going to find a way to follow it... Here are my december numbers:

http://roeintense.blogspot.com/2015/01/days-53-55-december-numbers-and.html

Anonymous said...

We also split wage... since I drive full time it works out well for me since I have to clean for 2 hrs after close.

Unknown said...

http://vantaimanhhoang.com/ http://vantaimanhhoang.com/

Công ty TNHH Vận tải và Thương mại Mạnh Hoàng chuyên cung cấp dịch vụ vận chuyển đường bộ các loại hàng hóa từ Hà Nội đi các tỉnh và ngược lại bằng các loại xe tải 1 tấn đến 30 tấn; xe nâng, xe cẩu, máy xúc…

canadianpizzanow said...

Superb article! Thank you so much for such a helpful stuff...

Pizza Delivery in Ras al-Khaimah

Credit Loan Solution said...



My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Patt Cummins said...

Hyperlocal Cloud refers to "On delivery solution for local business" At Hyperlocal Cloud. HyperLocal Cloud is the leading on-demand software development, solution provider. we offer a readymade business solution for your food, grocery, medicine, taxi booking, or any other delivery startup/SME. We create cross-platform applications suitable for iOS, Android, and Web panels to manage services and customers efficiently.