Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm Baaaaack!

I wasn't on the schedule tonight, even though I hadn't requested off. I had told Kristie last night that I would come in and close for her. So when I got home from my day job around 5:30 I called to see what was up.

Manager Rosa let me know that driver Chris did not show up for work today and they needed me as soon as I could get in. I feel like, after several weeks of not working much, I'm back in the swing of things.

The night started off well. The weather was rainy and we were busy. I took 4 deliveries in the first 1 1/2 hours and had collected $11 in tips before it got dark. Then business slowed down and tips got even worse.

I ended the 5 1/2 hour night with 8 deliveries, 38 miles, and $13 in tips.

We had a new guy, Todd, who also has a day job as a substitute teacher, and a new waitress, Tiffany.

Then after we closed, while I was getting gas at Speedway, 2 interesting things happened. Waitress Jeanette was there, with her boyfriend. She's been on medical leave and I haven't seen her in about a month. Then while we were saying hi, a guy came up to ask for money.

His story was that he and his mom were from Toledo and ran out of gas. Well, I know that asking for money at the gas station is one of the biggest scams going, and I told him to get lost.

No comments: